In recent years, importing goods from China and shipping them across the globe has become a huge business. Chinese products are among the most used products in the market. You can find them everywhere. If you take a look around you, you will not fail to see at least one or two Chinese products either made or assembled in China. There are several reasons why this is the case. Here is why:
Contrary to popular belief, Chinese products are of really high quality. You have probably heard or maybe even believe that Chinese products are of poor quality. Well, this is not true. Have you ever asked yourself why Apple manufactures its products in China? It surely can’t be because Chinese products are low quality. Apple saw something special in the Chinese manufacturing industry that is why they switched to manufacturing in China. China has the infrastructure to efficiently produce high-quality products.
This is one of the reasons why most people opt to import goods from China across the globe. The fact that the Chinese manufacture goods in large quantities makes the goods a lot cheaper. This is perfect for businesses since it makes the acquisition of products very cheap and the profits quite high.
Masters Of Design
A product’s design and packaging is usually the very first thing a customer sees about a particular product. It is no wonder consumers make purchasing decisions based on product design. If you want your products to stand out from the rest of the competition, then you have to invest in product design. Another reason why most people opt to import their products from China is because of their expertise in matters of design. Some company engineers in China can even design a product for you based on your specifications.
Manufacturing materials are easily accessible in China and at a low cost. This makes manufacturing costs low therefore minimizing the cost of products. For this reason, China becomes the best place to import products from. They have state of the art technology and machines to manufacture the best quality products.
Statistics show that the Chinese factory workers get paid considerably less than other workers in countries like the United States. Labor is cheap in China and this translates to low manufacturing costs.
Importing products from China is a booming business in today’s economy for the reasons stated above. The good news is that importing from China is pretty simple. You do not even require to travel to China or to have knowledge of the Chinese language in order to carry out this lucrative business. There are a number of Chinese translation service providers that help break the issue of language barrier when carrying out business.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to import products from China:
- Brainstorm and make a decision on what product you want to import from China. Carry out extensive research on that product. You would probably want to start with simple items that are in the $10-200 range.
- Choose a manufacturer can sell you products that are up to your specifications and is compatible to you as a business owner. How to choose the perfect manufacturer? Choosing the perfect manufacturer can be tiring and time-consuming since you are trusting your product production to them. However, there are several ways where you can start your search such as: Industry trade associations, recommendations from business contacts, international trade shows or even from online directories from overseas manufacturers such as Alibaba. In fact Alibaba assist many exporters and buyers in finding Chinese assembled goods. What you could do is use the Alibaba’s search bar to find products similar to yours while searching strings that include the production method as well. Once you search it, a page with the manufacturer’s will pop-up, and a contact button will be available on the screen which enables you to contact the manufacturer.
- Get a quote and samples from your supplier. When your samples get shipped, ensure you try them out. Do not sell items that you have not tried out yourself.
- If you like the sample sent and you are sure that that’s the product you want to purchase, you can then proceed to negotiate the first MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) and price. Ensure you negotiate with your supplier so that you get the best deal from them.
- Import your first batch of products and sell for profit. Once you are done selling the first batch, you can reorder another batch and negotiate for a better price and a lower MOQ. Always negotiate because the more you carry out business with them, the more discounts you get with time. Build a relationship with your suppliers.
If you are looking to start a business by importing Chinese goods, just go for it. Do not let the fear of the unknown stop you. No one ever achieved success without taking risks.
Need help shipping?
Floship is an eCommerce Order Fulfillment provider based in Hong Kong. We help small to medium enterprises ship eCommerce goods to end consumers across the globe through cross-border shipping solutions. Our warehouses are located in Hong Kong and Shenzhen where we store and pick & pack your orders before shipping them to consumers by partner couriers and competitive rates.
Want to learn more? Sign up for a Free, No Strings Attached Consultation by filling out this form.
[thrive_megabutton mt=”Get FREE Consultation” st=”No Strings Attached” color=”blue” link=”https://floship.com/get-free-consultation/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=ecomtop5″ target=”_self” align=”aligncenter”]
Rilind Elezaj is an experienced Digital Marketing Specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the marketing and advertising industry. Rilind possesses a strong entrepreneurial mindset and has devoted his career to enhancing the sphere of digital marketing. In his methodological approach, Rilind integrates web development and other digital marketing solutions to create hybrid strategies that bring the best results.