About Your Cover
Flosurance, provides cover when goods are lost, stolen, or damaged during transit. The cover starts when parcel(s) leave their originating address and ends when they are received by the intended recipient at the delivery address.
The coverage amount is equal to the total insured value that has been provided to Floship.
Scope of Coverage
This coverage includes:
- Theft or loss of parcels.If your goods are lost or stolen during transit, we will reimburse you up to the coverage amount shown on your certificate.
- Products are damaged.If goods are damaged during transit, we will reimburse the repair costs up to the coverage amount shown on your certificate.
- Costs towards “return shipping” damaged parcels.We will reimburse you for the return shipping costs (up to the value of the original service) that are paid to a courier for protected parcels that are damaged. Return shipping costs are paid in addition to the coverage amount shown on your certificate.
- Costs towards “re-shipping” stolen, lost, or damaged parcels.If a product in the original delivery is stolen, lost, or damaged in transit, we will reimburse “re-shipping” costs (up to the value of the original service) for the replacement goods. Re-shipping costs are paid in addition to the coverage amount shown on your certificate if the reshipping is arranged through Floship.
You are not covered for any of the following:
- If you provide inaccurate, dishonest, or misleading information to the underwriter or Floship.
- If your goods are damaged prior to the commencement of the transit of the parcel.
- If your goods are lost, damaged, or stolen after they have been delivered to the delivery address, including where the recipient has given the authority to leave the parcel unattended.
- For any duties or taxes applied to the cost of “return shipping” or “re-shipping” stolen, lost, or damaged parcels.
- For costs resulting from the foods being ineligible for shipping according to the terms and conditions of Floship.
- For claims when your parcel is lost because an incorrect address has been entered for the intended recipient.
- For claims from illegality (such as shipping illegal or contraband goods).
- For claims caused by the parcel(s) being delayed.
- For claims resulting in a loss in weight or volume, or wear and tear of the parcel(s).
- For claims caused by or arising in any way from information technology or electronic risks.
- For claims caused by or arising in any way from insufficiency or unsuitability of packing of the goods.
- For claims caused by mechanical, electrical, and/or electronic breakdown, failure, and/or derangement of the goods unless there is evidence that a loss to the parcel(s) occurred during transit.
- For any goods listed below:
- Antiques, artwork, and jewelry.
- Arms, ammunition, military equipment, and any similar goods which should properly be subject to the Export Control Order 2008.
- Automobiles and motorcycles.
- Bonds, deeds, manuscripts, securities, and plans.
- Bulk and break bulk cargoes.
- Cash and credit cards.
- Cigars, cigarettes, tobacco, and tobacco products.
- Computer chips, CPUs, and circuit boards.
- Furs, skins, and hides.
- Glassware, ceramics, marble, and similar fragile goods.
- Hazardous, restricted, or controlled goods.
- LCD monitors or screens, televisions (including LCD, plasma, CRT, projection, and similar).
- Livestock, plants, and animals.
- Perishable foodstuffs and other temperature-sensitive goods.
- Precious metals and stones.
- Stamps and treasury notes
- For claims caused by:
- War, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection.
- Civil strife arising from (1) above.
- Hostile act by or against a belligerent power.
- Capture, seizure, arrest, restraint, or detainment arising from (1, 2, or 3) above.
- Derelict mines, torpedoes, bombs, or other derelict weapons of war.
- For claims caused by or arising in any way from:
- Ionizing radiation from or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste, or from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- Any weapon or device employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter.
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive, or other hazardous or contaminating properties of any:
- Nuclear installation, reactor, or other nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- Radioactive matter but not to radioactive isotopes, other than nuclear fuel, when such isotopes are being prepared, carried, stored, or used for commercial, agricultural, medical, scientific, or similar peaceful purposes.
- Any chemical, biological, bio-chemical, or electromagnetic weapon.
- For claims caused by or arising in any way from:
- Rust, oxidation, or any discoloration.
- Marring, chipping, denting, scratching.
- Inherent vice, mold, mildew, or infestation.
- Mysterious disappearance and misappropriation.
- For claims resulting from porch piracy.
This policy also incorporates the following clauses (the full text of these clauses can be provided upon request).
- Institute Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biological, Biochemical and Electromagnetic Weapons Exclusion Clause 10/11/03.
- Marine Cyber Exclusion 5402 11/11/19.
- Communicable Disease Exclusion (Cargo) JC2020-011 17/04/20.
- Sanctions Limitation and Exclusion Clause LMA3100 Amended.
- Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act Cap (53B).
- Computer Millennium Clause.
- Termination of Transit Clause (Terrorism).
Unless the parties have agreed otherwise in writing, any dispute concerning the interpretation, performance, and enforcement of this insurance shall be determined in accordance with the law and practice in Singapore.
Failure to take reasonable precautions to prevent, minimize, or mitigate any loss which may give rise to a claim under this policy will invalidate your policy or result in a claim being rejected or settlement reduced.
If at the time of a loss the actual value of the goods exceeds the applicable total insured value we will not pay more than the proportion of the claim that the total insured value bears to the actual value of the goods.
Waiver of Subrogation
You must not grant any waiver of recourse to any third party without our prior agreement.
Basis of Valuation
The agreed method of establishing the total insured value of the goods for the premium calculation and claims adjustment purposes is:
- Goods where a sales contract has been agreed – invoice price including shipping costs.
- New goods where no sales contract has been agreed — New replacement value including shipping costs.
- Second-hand and/or used goods where no sales contract has been agreed — Used market value including shipping costs.
Fraudulent or Exaggerated Claims
If you or someone on your behalf knowingly:
- Makes a false claim.
- Exaggerates the amount of a claim.
- Provides us with false or misleading declarations or statements to support a claim; or
- Provides us with any other false or invalid documents or relies on any fraudulent devices to support a claim.
We may, at our option,
- Decline cover under this insurance policy for the relevant claim; or
- Reduce the claim; or
- Void the insurance policy from the date of the relevant.
Pair, Sets, or Parts
In case of loss or damage to any goods which form part of a pair or set we may:
- Repair or replace any part to restore the pair or set to its value before the loss or damage; or
- Pay the difference between the value of the pair or set before and after the loss or damage.
In case of loss or damage to any part of the goods consisting of several parts when complete, we will only pay for the value of the lost or damaged part.
We shall not provide cover and shall not be liable to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim, or provision of such benefit would expose that insurer to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws, or regulations of the Europeans Union, United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
Cancellation and Refunds
You can cancel this cover prior to the parcel leaving the originating address by either contacting the administrator xcover.com/account and we will refund you 100% of the premium. No refund will be payable once the parcel leaves the originating address.
Floship may, at its discretion, request that we cancel the cover for a particular consignment prior to the parcel leaving the originating address.
How to Make a Claim
- If your parcel is lost, stolen, or damaged, please go to your Floship portal order page. Click on the provided unique link to start your claim submission.
- All packaging material and damaged goods must be kept in the original form as received. Packaging and damaged goods should not be disposed of before a claim is completed as photographs may be required. Failure to comply will result in the denial of the claim due to insufficient packaging.
- In respect of any claim under this policy, you must provide us with any supporting documentation reasonably required and at all times provide us with your full cooperation.
- We will have the option to repair or replace any goods subject of a claim recoverable under this policy.
- Upon the payment of any claim, all your rights and remedies against such other parties will be subrogated to us and we shall receive the benefit of any amount(s) recoverable from such other parties. In the event the net recovery received from any such parties exceeds the amount paid by us to you in respect of the claim, then we shall account to you for any such excess.
The following words or phrases will have the same meaning set out below wherever they appear in this policy.
Cover Genius Trading Pty Ltd.
The document provided at the time of purchase that outlines the specific details of the cover, including your details, the goods, total insured value, and transit.
The good(s) have been accidentally or maliciously rendered inoperable.
The address registered with Floship to which the goods will be delivered.
The items that are within your parcel and are not described in the cover exclusions.
Lost or Loss
The goods have been declared lost in transit by Floship.
The address registered with Floship from which the goods will be collected.
Goods for which you have arranged transit and have been allocated a tracking number.
Theft or Vandalism
An illegal activity where the goods are not recovered.
Total Insured Value
The maximum amount we will pay for any claim.
The unique reference provided by the courier that enables you to track and view the status of the delivery of your parcel.
The period of time your parcel is being transported and as shown in the certificate. This period commences when the parcel leaves its originating address and ends when they are received by the intended customer at the delivery address.
Berkley Insurance Company (Singapore Branch).
The insured shown in the certificate.
Compliance and Regulatory
This policy is a contract between you and us.
You must read your policy and certificate as one single contract.
Your policy provides cover against loss, damage, or theft of the goods during the transit shown in your certificate.
Please read all documents to make sure the cover provided meets your needs.
If any of your information is incorrect or changes, please contact the administrator and Floship. If we have wrong information this may result in an increased policy costs and/or claims not being paid in full, or your policy may not be valid, and claims will not be paid.
The policy is underwritten by Berkley Insurance Company (Singapore Branch).