Amazon is without a doubt the biggest and most popular e-commerce platform. Since Amazon is a third-party platform that collects and promotes businesses, every store owner on the website has to compete with other sellers to promote Amazon products.
Great Amazon success is the perfect balance of two things: product quality and marketing effectiveness. Simply put, you can’t be the #1 player in your niche or anywhere close to that without balancing these two aspects.
In today’s post, we’ll discuss 7 ways to promote your Amazon listing and sell more products. Your Amazon product listing is the “package” in which you serve the products. Many times, absurdly, the package seems to matter even more than the products.
Knowledge, skill, and strategy will allow you to develop a healthy balance between the package, the goods, and the marketing (which acts as the third and final pillar that establishes e-commerce success).
Knowledge is power, but it can never materialize itself without action. So get your pen and paper, commit to your business, and take action.
Why bother promoting your Amazon listings?
Let me quickly tell you the benefits of working extra time to drive traffic to Amazon listing:
Become the Buy Box
This is called the Buy Box, and it represents Amazon’s #1 product recommendation choice.
If you’re not in the Buy Box, your products might get featured here, or they might not be featured as relevant results at all.
Get featured in Amazon’s first search results
How to promote Amazon products? Improve the listings first, work on the marketing after. That’s it, and improving your Amazon listings is not as complicated as you may think. Once you’re done with that, you can start focusing on how to drive traffic to your Amazon listings.
Here’s how you can take your Amazon product marketing game to the next level:
Optimize your product listings for Amazon’s algorithm
Let’s suppose that you’re selling baby clothes on Amazon and want to drive traffic to Amazon listing. Whenever a prospective customer searches for “baby clothing” on Amazon’s search engine, there will be numerous results, just like in Google.
Internal product optimization means improving the quality of your Amazon product listings with the intention of overthrowing the rest of your competitors while capturing Amazon’s attention.
The Amazon search engine has an algorithm called the A9 algorithm. Just like Google takes backlinks, content, and engagement as the primary indicators of relevancy, Amazon has its separate measurement and ranking system made of 3 big pillars:
- Relevance – Amazon is continually checking to see if your product listings are satisfying the customers’ search intent through content and value.
- Conversion rate – The best proof of product quality is in the conversion rate metrics. Amazon will prioritize products with higher percentages of sales and conversions.
- Listing performance – This is a measurement of “how committed” you are to becoming a top-tier Amazon seller. Here’s how you can improve your overall Amazon performance score:
- Ensure a low product defect rate – nobody likes to receive defective products.
- The faster you deliver, the more you’ll be loved – quick and effective shipping is vital.
- Running out of stock is a catastrophe – both in terms of brand reputation and loss of income.
- If your order percentage grows, your products will rank higher.
- Google has the “bounce rate,” Amazon has the “exit rate” – high exit rates are created by customers who enter your product page and immediately leave it.
Optimize your Amazon product pages for the search engines
External product optimization is as important as internal optimization. External promotion involves a variety of strategies, including social media marketing and SEO (search engine optimization). Here are several search engine optimization tricks for your Amazon product listings:
- Perform keyword research and carefully craft the product listing’s content according to SEO insights. Especially long tail keywords are powerful.
- Create natural backlinks to your product listings.
- Encourage social engagement and social sharing.
Leverage social media channels
Don’t neglect social media channels. If you’ve ever wondered how to market Amazon products organically and for free, the answer lies in front of you. Here’s what you should do to promote your listings effectively on today’s social channels:
- Study and understand your audience, post only relevant content, be remarkable.
- Create social strategies (contests, user-generated content, exclusive opportunities, etc.) to generate engagement.
- Use paid advertising to improve your reach.
- Promote your product listings through blog content (that is also promoted on its own on social channels).
Improve your products’ reach with influencers
Influencer marketing continues to be an underrated method of driving massive amounts of traffic to Amazon product listings.
I’m saying that because finding relevant influencers for your store is extremely simple. Nowadays, you can find small influencers on every fence, in every niche.
Leveraging influencers is as convenient as leveraging an affordable essay writing service, meaning that you can always allow other people to do what they do best so that the result will be favorable and often of better quality.
Here’s a simple strategy you can use immediately:
Seek 5 to 10 social media influencers (5000 – 10,000 active followers) – it could be on any popular network.
Contact each and let them know that you love their work and that you’d like to feature your work there. Say that you’re willing to pay for it. Negotiate, and then reap the result.
Proactively ask for reviews
How to promote Amazon products? For instance, start gathering positive reviews. Of course, that’s a relative statement because reviews should be honest, right?
Well, not if you use a persuasive strategy that involves giving away free value to prospects. Here’s what you should do:
Offer exclusive discounts, opportunities, and even giveaways to encourage users to review your Amazon products. This simple psychology will have them think “Well, he gave me something for free, and it was quite good. Now I’ll reward him with a valuable review.”
What you can do is contact your email subscribers and social media followers privately (mostly the ones who are actively engaging with your email and social content) and offer this
free value (could be in any form, even a discussion with you). Let them know that you’re patiently waiting for an Amazon review.
Study your competition to ensure future competitive advantage
While optimizing and promoting your Amazon products is beneficial, you should never fall behind the marketplace trends or your competition. Competitive analysis is the most reliable process that’ll help you maintain a competitive advantage, so do it periodically and consistently:
- Periodically review your main competitors’ strategies: product listings, social media strategy, email marketing (subscribe to their newsletter), the images they use, the type of content they push, and so on.
- Constantly look for valuable feedback by analyzing the Q&A sections on your competitors’ product listings. If customers complain about something, make sure that you are “doing it better.”
Keep the shipping experience pleasurable for customers
In e-commerce marketing, shipping is the most important user experience metric. UX, a very powerful concept in marketing, signifies the quality of the experience that a customer gets while/after buying a product.
Shipping is a big factor that people take into consideration when ordering products online. It makes a big difference if the product arrives in two days or in two months (take Aliexpress as a good example).
- Constantly measure and optimize your shipping performance metrics – you can do that by leveraging Amazon Seller Central.
- Leverage inventory management tools – such software will help you monitor and manage your digital store and products’ stock.
- Start using Amazon FBA – Fulfillment by Amazon changes the e-commerce game forever. If you opt for Amazon FBA, you’ll no longer have to worry about shipping and fulfilling because Amazon will do it for you.
Promoting an Amazon store is similar to selling vegetables in the market. The purpose is to sell something from each, just to ensure that you’re balancing the sources of income and the prosperity of the business.
You should consistently improve your Amazon marketing game up to the point where you feel like you’re mastering it. Start doing that, and the solutions will come on their own!
About the Author
Bryan Davis is a passionate and successful internet marketer. He first started out with Amazon Affiliates, and then continued by developing his own store. Nowadays, he mostly acts as a high-class consultant for e-commerce brands. His writing agility allows him to convey the problems effectively and provide the solutions.
Ready To Upgrade Your Logistic Solution?
Speak to Floship ecommerce logistic consultant about improving your global support chain today